a few ways you can help . . .
- Be a surrogate parent for a dog class. Sometimes a class may be happening when a foster or adoptive parent has to work, or perhaps the parent has more than one dog who'd like to attend. Surrogate parents are lifesavers when they are able to stand in for a class!
- Be the extra human on a pack walk. Underdogs need lots of exercise, and pack walks are a great way to learn new socialization skills with other dogs and with humans. You might be at the end of a leash, or perhaps walk along with the pack to help them learn polite interaction skills.
- Help with fundraising. Throughout the year, we will hold various kinds of fundraisers. Perhaps you are really good contacting businesses to get donated items for auctions or table sales at events. Maybe you are a crafter who can make dog-related goodies to sell. You could be great at writing grants. And there are many other ways to raise funds, so perhaps this is the place for you!
- Help post available dogs on social media. Posting Underdogs on as many platforms as possible gives them the best chance of being adopted.
- Help at an adoption event. Several good neighbor businesses invite rescue groups to adoption events throughout the year. Every time, we need people to give out information, possibly sell goodies for fundraising, or be an Underdog handler to allow the foster parent to take a break during the event.
These are only a few of the opportunities. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Request for Information form below.